Monday, July 21, 2008

When Athletes Blog - David Oliver

U.S. Track and Field Olympic Trials - Day Seven
Image details: S


In his first race since winning the U.S. Olympic Trials, David Oliver laces up his spikes in Stockholm to hit the competition up again. Here is what the dominant 110-hurdler had to say to fans:

"I've been out in Stockholm, finally getting a chance to race again. This is the first stop on my three race tour before the Olympics. I will be racing here, London and in Monaco. Brooks [Coach Brooks Johnson] is here as well with the relay team and he will be at all of my competitions.

The last time I raced here was in 2005, my first year as a professional. I had a good result for me at the time, I came second and ran 13.23 in the process. I found a picture of the race HERE and I was leading touching down at 10 and got dominated in the critical zone by Anwar. I am glad I have corrected that flaw in my race.

The atmosphere at this meet is electric! The crowd sits right on top of you and the stadium is always rocking. There will be plenty of great results here."

Click here to read David Oliver's full blog.

By Jay Hicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment