Wednesday, May 28, 2008

When athletes blog - Sanya Richards


Sanya Richards took to her blog to share something of hers and of others pro athletes. She is fortunate to have a lot of Nike gear and she’s sharing it with fans.

Click here to read Sanya’s blog.

"Well today I want to help you make your dream a reality.

Every great athlete needs tons of things to get to the next level like an inspiring coach, a supportive family, a decent track and workout facility, and sufficient gear.

I can’t do much about the first three, but I can definitely help with gear!

I’ve been going through my closet and I’ve noticed that I have acquired so much NIKE gear over the past three years! I feel so fortunate to have such a great sponsor and I’d like to share some of my lightly worn gear with some deserving athletes. I’ve also asked Lauryn Williams, Nichole Denby, Marshevet Hooker, Me’Lisa Barber, and Carmelita Jeter and they’re excited to help.

I don’t want to limit this opportunity to just girls so I have also asked some of my male friends Bershawn Jackson, Wallace Spearmon, Tyson Gay, Jeremy Wariner, Darold Williamson, Sanjay Ayre, and Walter Davis to help as well."

To be eligible:

-You must be a student
-You must be a part of an organized track team
-You must also write an essay of at least 100 words explaining why you are most deserving of the gear.
send essays to runwithsanya@sanyarichards.net
or mail them to

PO Box 988
Round Rock TX 78680
Deadline June 25th
Thanks and look forward to hearing from you soon
Sanya Richards

By Jay Hicks.

Photo courtesy AP/Kirsty Wigglesworth

No comments:

Post a Comment