Thursday, May 8, 2008

When Athletes Blog: Olympic Hopeful Brianna Glenn

It’s not easy being a pro track runner. Just ask Brianna Glenn.

She has taken to her blog to share the trials and tribulations of being a professional athlete. Fans love her blog because she shares the good, the bad, and the ugly.

This time she opened up with fans about missing the Qatar Athletic Super Grand Prix because of physical pains and the struggles of running and jumping.

Brianna had this to say:

“I usually really like blogging. I get a little excited when I experience something and then immediately think to myself, I’ll blog that later. But right now…not so much. You see, I was really looking forward to having some interesting and exciting news during this time, what with all my travels and competitions that I had on the schedule, but now I find myself back in Tucson an entire week earlier than was planned and I’m quite frustrated. And to be honest, I really don’t want to blog about any of it because I know that I’m a little too emotional right now and a tad bit angry. And scared. And upset. And discouraged. And depressed. And nervous. And shoot, I really could go on and on about all the different emotions I’m feeling but the point is, I really don’t have a handle on any of them. I kind of feel like just screaming into a pillow and eating a whole pint of ice cream. But I’m lactose intolerant so that’s really not a good idea.”

Click here to read her full blog.

By Jay Hicks, a.k.a. Track Evangelist.

No comments:

Post a Comment