Saturday, May 17, 2008

When Athletes Blog – Sanya Richards

Sanya Richards has taken to her official blog to discuss the big upcoming race at the adidas Track Classic.

Says the 400 meter dynamo.

"MAAAANNNN!!!!

This is what track and field is all about! Its about the best in the world lining up and going at it. I can’t express how excited I am to be in such a star studded 100m field. I always hoped to be one of the world’s elite 100m sprinters but I never thought it would happen so soon. To be in a race with Veronica Campbell, Lauryn Williams, Carmelita Jeter, Me’Lisa Barber, Torri Edwards, Allyson Felix, Marshavet Hooker, and Kerron Stewart is like jumping head first into the fire…BUT I LOVE IT!!!

My teammates at Baylor were joking that someone could run 11.0 and finish ninth! I know lots of times races like these don’t live up to the hype but I really believe that this one will! All the ladies in the field are young and hungry and in an Olympic year everyone wants to be remembered as the best! Although I am extremely competitive, I am keeping things in persprective and only trying to accomplish my goals. At the end of the day I want to improve my speed and hopefully secure a spot on the hardest relay to make, the US Women’s 4×1!
Keep your fingers crossed! This is going to be one amazing race!!!
Until next time. Sanya”

By Jay Hicks, a.k.a. Track Evangelist.

No comments:

Post a Comment