Tuesday, August 12, 2008

When Athletes Blog - David Oliver From Beijing


The Team USA members are in Beijing and getting ready to run. Track and field doesn't start until Friday, August 14. But what do you do to kill the time without worrying to death?

One of America's great hopes to win the 110-meter hurdles, David Oliver is keeping it pushing with some fun and excitement. Definately a good call.

David took to his blog to share with fans his experiences at the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games.

"Yesterday, I didn't hit the track at all for any purposes. I had the whole entire day to enjoy to myself. Here's the run down of my day:

I hit the arcade up with Dayron Robles, we played the arcade basketball game for a minute. I hit the bank up and watched one of the swimming relays with Phelps in it. It was pretty exciting, the anchor leg was a beast and they won Gold. It came down to the wire and when he touched the wall in first, I yelled out "Yes" and everybody turned around looking at me, like look at this big, loud American, typical. I couldn't help it though.

I hit NIKE up with Pate and Abdi, got some exclusive Maxcats (shown left) in red, white and blue spikes, they are the ones I wear at all the meets, just in different colors. Picked up some more gear, ate some great food and cabbed it back to the village.

I hit the USA v China women's basketball game, it was a good time too. China was down about 30, but everytime they scored, the crowd erupted! I never have heard that much home team love ever. The "Redeem Team" were posted up a couple rows away, the Chinese fans LOVE Kobe Bryant.

I'm back at practice today for a little maintenance work later on, I will get back."

Click here to read David Oliver's full blog from Beijing.

By Jay Hicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment